Freud thinks we’re nuts ! December 13, 2006Posted by Rambling Man in Ireland & the Irish.
“The Irish are one race for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.” So said the legendary psychoanalyist Sigmund Freud.
Wasn’t Freud the right funny man and before his time huh ? We’re a right little country all the same. There follows a few little things that if eliminated, would go oh-so far to making us even better … call me a grumpy old shitebag (steady on!) but hey – it’s my blog and I’ll grump if I want to. And feel free to continue the list … I was trying not to be too serious but sometimes contempt gets the better of me.
(1) People who, whilst waiting for elevators, press the down button if they need to go up, or vice versa – thus ensuring that when the lift door closes, it opens again.
(2) “L” plate drivers who think it’s OK to cut someone off when trying to change lanes – still haven’t calmed down about that one !
(3) People who call Fine Gael “Finna Gwale”.
(4) Jaywalking – in all it’s forms.
(5) People who think it’s grand to leave the car/lurry/van/heap-of-shit 1980′s Cortina anywhere as long as the hazards are on. Sure they’ll only be gone a minute …
(6) Workmen, who whilst installing a new bathroom, think it prudent to try and flush sealant foam down the loo, only to have it solidify and crack the bowl !
(8) An electorate who votes their leader even more popular than he was before he admitted taking bungs and backhanders.
(9) Common criminals and drunks who get away with doing whatever they did because “they had a lot of drink taken”, “regret the incident” and are now “in gainful employment”.
(10) People who leave household rubbish in other people’s skips. Just ask – there would probably be room !